Friday, February 9, 2018

My go-to Peanut Butter cookie recipe

I like to bake. I like people who like to bake, I liked baked goods, and I'm always up for trying a new baking recipe. That being said, there are also sometimes where I don't want to try anything new and still want to bake something, and my go-to is peanut butter cookies.

Naturally, if you have a peanut allergy or intolerance, you won't agree with me on this, but what's not to love about peanut butter cookies? They're good as chewy cookies or crunchy biscuits, you can dunk them in a hot chocolate or milk, and don't even get me started on how they taste paired with the perfect cup of coffee.

So basically, I like peanut butter cookies, and I think I like making them even more. For me, it's a super easy process that takes probably twenty or so minutes (depending on how big I want the cookies to be), and the recipe I follow has been in my family for quite some time.

*DISCLAIMER: I don't remember where the original recipe is from, but you can find different variations of it with a simple Google search to compensate for any allergies.*

What you need:

  • 1 cup peanut butter ( I prefer creamy, but you do you)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 tbsp baking powder

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celcius if I mathed correctly) and grease baking sheet.
  • Beat peanut butter and sugar until well blended, add egg and baking soda. Beat until mixture is thoroughly combined.

  • Roll even teaspoons of dough into balls and arrange about 1" apart.
  • Flatten balls with a fork dipped in flour making a grid pattern. (This is optional and recommended if you want a biscuit instead of a cookie.)
  • Bake until edges are a light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.




Following this recipe, I usually get about 24 cookies, but you may get more or less depending on how big you want them to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment