Thursday, December 21, 2017

Wasabi Fusion in Beckley

Earlier this week, I went to a not-so-new-but-new-enough restaurant near me: Wasabi Fusion.

Anyone who truly knows me knows that one of my favourite types of food is Asian cuisine, whether it's Chinese, Japanese or Thai I'm always down for food and Wasabi Fusion offers just that.

Information if you're ever in the area

First of all, this restaurant had guts opening at relatively the same time as Golden Corral (which I haven't been to yet). But despite opening the same time as a major restaurant chain that's almost a hop, skip, and jump away from their doors, Wasabi has a major advantage that Corral doesn't: they're located on the same strip as Valley College, and is WELL easier to get to for all you in-town WVU students.
While I neglected to get pictures of their interior, I can tell you this: It's very clean. Like, SUPER clean. It's so clean that I would be comfortable eating my food straight off the table (not really, but you get my point). Their interior decor-wise is very unique, albeit a bit confusing.

Interior and location aside, I'll just start talking turkey, and by turkey, I, of course, mean Asian food.

Notice how it's already half eaten because yo...
 For your starter, you can get a soup or salad, and I started with a simple salad with a sesame-like dressing (pictured above half-eaten), and I was quite impressed. If you had to consider this a part of your meal, this would be the appetizer, and it wasn't too big (imagine a small soup bowl), but it was big enough to really get my stomach growling!

Yes please, thank you very much!
By the time you've finished your "appetizer", your food is sitting in front of you in all of its steamy goodness. Pictured above is the chicken udon, which has white meat chicken, thick udon noodles, green peppers, onions, and broccoli. As far as this dish, the onions and peppers didn't make that much sense to me paired with the broccoli, but in the end, it was still a very enjoyable meal. Now, this serving is your main, so it's waaaaayyyy bigger than your app, and it's enough to fill you up and then some!
Nom nom nom!

Overall, this restaurant has some real potential. It's next to a college, it's good, handmade food, and if we're talking price, then it's spot on - for me to eat there with my mum and dad is well cheaper than going to a fast food joint like Chick-fil-A or McDonald's. Well done, Wasabi Fusion!

You can check out their full menu here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this restaurant! Have enjoyed it both times I've eaten there!

    ReplyDelete